Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Please pray for Tripp

If you've taken a gander down the right-hand side of my blog page, you've seen the pictures of three sweet ones that need prayer. I know they are a few of many, but they are near to my heart as I have been following their stories for some time. 

One of them, little Tripp, needs your prayers badly right now. Tripp has a skin disease called Epidermolysis Bullosa (or EB, for short). You'll notice little Jonah has EB as well. I'm not sure even how I became acquainted with both of these families' blogs, but I'm grateful to the Lord that I did. I have been able to see true heroism lived out in these toddlers and their parents. 

Tripp is battling fevers and infection right now, and is in immense pain (even moreso than what he's typically dealing with from EB alone). The doctors are trying to put him on pain medicine that will ease his discomfort and allow him to get well. To be honest, I don't know the prognosis. I know that the life expectancy of EB children can be short. Tripp just turned two years old; he has so much life ahead that he should be able to live. But, we do not know God's plan; only God knows and He's in control, so we must trust in Him. 

Would you please add Tripp and his mother Courtney to your prayer list? I have been awestruck at the strength that Tripp has displayed as a child managing a pain that he doesn't even understand and that Courtney has displayed at raising, loving, and nurturing this sweet little guy in the midst of a devastating disease. 

It's strange, but I can safely say that I love Tripp. I've never met him and probably never will, but he has touched my heart in a way that I can't express in words. Take a look at Tripp's website, read his story, look at all his adorable photos, watch this little guy inspire you in his videos, and see if you don't love him, too. I dare you. Then, pray for him. Please.

God bless, 
Miss K

P.S. Grab a button for your blog while you're at it and spread the word. Tripp needs all the prayer warriors he can get! 

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment