Thursday, July 14, 2011

Bible in 90 Days ... read with me!

In my life, I've yet to read the Bible in its entirety. I've made it most of the way through the New Testament and part of the way through the Old Testament. I've always desired to read it from cover to cover though, like a book should be read. I've been a believer for 20 years; it's high time I get around to it. 


Thus, I've signed up for a challenge. It's called "The Bible in 90 Days." Yes, you read the entire Bible. Cover to cover. In 90 days. Sounds like quite a challenge, right? 


I have realized things about myself in my time on Earth. One very important one is that I am great with deadlines. Not so great without them. Left to my own devices, I might have the best intentions of reading the entire Bible the rest of my life and never actually get around to it. Give me a deadline, and voila, I can make it happen. At least I hope to. 


A good friend of mine referred me to this, and I am so grateful. It actually started on July 11, so I am a couple of days behind, but I have already almost caught up to today's reading. It's really not that much. Don't quote me, but I think it equates to about 12 chapters a day. It's recommended to allot 45 minutes per day for the reading. Won't you read along with me? 


Keep in mind that this is a reading of the Bible, NOT a study. I have been bookmarking important verses and making small notes as I go for reference/research later, but I am reading it as I would any old novel. This makes the reading go much faster and the stories seem to read more easily and vividly to me. 


I would recommend reading it on a Nook, iPad, or eReader of some sort if you have one. I'm using my iPad, which is totally cool because I can just bookmark and make notes as I go without digging out a pen and paper. And, if you download the Bible app, you can actually sign up for free and begin the 90-day reading plan from your device. The only downside is that the plan can't be made retroactive to July 11, so your plan is a few days longer than the original.


As far as I know, the challenge is still open. Go here to sign up if you're so inclined. I'd love to read along with you and be blessed together. 


God bless,
Miss K 

No comments:

Post a Comment