Tuesday, November 8, 2011

An Epiphany and Operation Healthy

Morning, y'all! 

Just wanted to share an epiphany I had a bit ago. I just got home from the gym, got showered, and this little thought dawned on me. What is it, you ask. Well, let me tell you ... 

I feel AH-MAY-ZING! 

Yeah, that's it. Just that little thought. After hitting the treadmill for 45 minutes (with 10-15 of that running in intervals) and doing 20-odd minutes of bis and tris, I feel magnificent. Well, after my shower, that is. 

Isn't it funny how moving our body just for an hour can remind us that we're alive? 

This is an epiphany for me because I am very much about experiences. I like to taste, see, and feel all that life has to offer. This explains my love affair with food. 

I have, at times, felt that a piece of chocolate cake or some really good cheese enchiladas were going to make me feel amazing. Big surprise, they didn't. I might have thoroughly enjoyed their consumption, but I know I felt bloated and tired afterward. 

After working out, I feel energized. Now I know why that darn Denise Austin is always so stinkin' peppy. 

"Exercise gives people endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don't shoot their husbands." Quick! Name the movie. 

Now, I am in no way endorsing prohibition when it comes to sweet treats and savory delicacies, but I am noticing that I need to create a better balance between my love of food and my love of feeling strong and in control. 

So, this is the perfect segue into my newest endeavor. This is the point at which my husband would roll his eyes because I am "always" off on a new endeavor, according to him. While it might be true, this endeavor is serious.

I'm calling it Operation Healthy. It's in response to my PCOS that is kicking my butt and my general lack of attention to being healthy over these past several years. I'm getting together a plan, which includes scheduled workouts, eating dos and don'ts, and motivation to be a healthier me. 

I'll share more on it later today, if my little monster will allow me to blog. 

Anyone who's with me, say "Aye!" 

Get out and move your body today! I promise you'll feel better! 

No comments:

Post a Comment