Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Let's practice purposeful prose

It's November now, and Thanksgiving is upon us. I love Thanksgiving, but I often feel like it is just one day that fleets by before the hustle and bustle of the Christmas season begins. It breezes through our home in the aroma of stuffing and pumpkin pie and leaves only remnants of full tummies wishing they were housed in elastic-waist pants instead of jeans with buttons and zippers. It should mean more. It DOES mean more. 


What if we left Thanksgiving with more memories than grandma's mashed potatoes and grandpa's blessing before the meal? 


What if we were Thankful on Paper? This is a grand idea cooked up by my fellow blogger, Rachel, over at No. 17 Cherry Tree Lane. I think it's a splendid idea, and do wish you would join me in showing your gratitude to those you love this way for Thanksgiving 2010. Basically, every Wednesday in November, we're going to write a letter to one person we are grateful for telling them all the reasons why we are thankful for them. Then, every Thursday in November, we are going to blog about who we wrote to and why. We can use our discretion on the blog posting part if we choose to keep it private. :) 


Check out the link above for further details. Here's a button to get you excited.






I'm very excited to do this, as I am one who loves to write and loves to receive letters, even though I don't do it as often as I'd like. I know, we're talking real, handwritten letters here, folks. Who knew you could even do that anymore? You can, and you will touch the life of your loved one with your letter of gratitude. Won't you join us?


"Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart." ~ William Wordsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment