Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Boo! Yay! Boo!

A brief explanation.


Boo #1: Potty training commenced at 7:30 a.m. yesterday in my house. Potty training ceased at 9:30 a.m. today in my house. After many a battle of wills, my stubborn son has won. For now. I realized A) he's not interested in the least (no form of bribery worked, and believe me I tried) and B) I don't want to do potty training by forcing and punishing (this would've been the route we had to take if I really wanted to make it happen right now). So, I was feeling pretty deflated and like I just got a big, fat F on my motherly report card. FAIL.


Yay: "A thing of beauty is a joy forever." ~ John Keats
After running into a cheeseburger (translated "eating lunch" in our home, per Super Mario who runs into mushrooms to get power), I am regaining perspective and my Chicken Little world is not ending. Cut to the doorbell ringing. It's the UPS man. He's got a package. The timing couldn't be better, as I move quickly toward the door shoving down the chip I just doused with guacamole. Ta da! It's this beauty right here:


Ain't she somethin'? She's a round sterling silver platter with mother-of-pearl butterflies etched capriciously about her. I love her. I can't wait to have a party just to serve some wonderful food off her beauteous face. I love her most because her MSRP (I shudder even typing that horrid acronym) was $120 and I got her for just $25. Score! Nothing like a little retail therapy, right? 

Boo #2: I'm riding on Cloud 9 after my special guest arrives, and things are looking up. Then, a little Alanis Morrisette enters my life unwelcome. There's a black fly in my sweet tea. Yeah, I know Alanis said "in your chardonnay," but it's way too early for me to be drinking chardonnay and I'd pick muscato over chard anyway. To make matters worse, I think the fly has actually been fermenting in my tea pitcher since yesterday when I made the tea. Ugh! Soooo gross. Like gag me with a spoon for reals gross. 

Alas, the day is young, so I'm hoping for another Yay! moment to help even the score. 

No comments:

Post a Comment