Saturday, July 24, 2010

A handful of randomness for your Saturday

When Mama has free time, Mama's mind strays. I like to think of it as constructive, but it hardly ever is. Here's what's been on my mind today. Enjoy!


First, I want to do a special posting on Saturdays called "Saturday Song Lyric" or something totally boring like that. Music is my second passion next to dance. I guess that makes sense since they go hand in hand, kinda like pb & j. I've always been deeply affected by music, and I tend to pick favorite lyrics (a verse, a couple of lines, a chorus, etc.) out of my very favorite songs that stick with me. They almost become some of life's mottos for me. So, here's my first Saturday Song Lyric:


"Wrinkles only go where the smiles have been."~From Jimmy Buffett's "Barefoot Children in the Rain"


I love this line so much. I think about it whenever I look at my son and think of all the joy he brings and will bring to my life, when I look at my husband and remember how lucky I am to have found my true soulmate, and when I look at my face in the mirror, which, by the way, is not getting any younger. I consider every wrinkle that is and is to come a rite of passage, so to speak, of a life well lived and well laughed. God is so very good, and life is beautiful. :)


Second, I just realized today that I think Justin Timberlake tapped into his inner SAHM when he decided to bring "sexy back." Seriously. I mean, once you have a child, you're tore up from the floor up. It baffles me when people say to a recently crowned mom, "Motherhood suits you." It's like saying, "You know, most people can't pull off under-eye bags, cankles, and a uterus the size of a watermelon, but you do, girl. Get it." It's a sweet sentiment, but knock off the niceties. 


So, with that said, moms, and specifically those who stay at home, pretty much lose their "sexy." Not that I blame us; who even has time to think about their "sexy" when they've just had a baby? 


But, I do think there's a point where we wake up and smell the breast milk (or formula) and say, "WHAT happened to me?" "Where did my boobs go?" "Where did my butt go?" "Who bought me this wardrobe full of stretchy pants and spit-up stained T-shirts?" UGH! 


It make take some of us two months, others it may take two years or even longer. I'm at the 2.5 year mark, and I'm finally questioning where in the heck my "sexy" went. Did you take it? Did I loan it to a chick down the street who's a newlywed? I don't know where it is, but I gotta find it. And fast ... Did I mention I'm not getting any younger? 


I'm rounding up a posse of mommies who want their "sexy" back, so if you want in, let me know. ;) It's good for us. Our husbands need us to feel good about ourselves. WE need to feel good about ourselves. Stretchy pants and XL Ts are only comfy for so long ... It ain't funny when we start filling them out! 


I don't know about you, but I don't want to end up like this!









Finally, since I realize I'm rambling, I've got some free time, so I'm going to sit down and watch a movie. In preparation for the August 6 release date of Step Up 3D, I'm watching Step Up 2: The Streets to get caught up. Yeah, I'm a dance nerd like that. I fully plan to see Step Up 3D in nothing else than 3D, of course. They're making history, baby! :p 


I am sad that I don't get to spend the evening with this guy though, as his career is way too advanced to do a sequel to a dance movie. He has some mad moves though. Respect. 






Now I'm off to live vicariously through the dancers in Step Up 2: The Streets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment