Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Stuff and some such

Two posts in one night: this is record breaking for my poor blog. ;) 


Just wanted to share some goings on in our life of late, or what we like to call in our house "stuff and some such." 


First up is a biggie for me. I'm seriously considering/might already be training for a half marathon. A friend of mine suggested I do the run with her, and before I could think, I was like, "Yeah, that sounds great." I desperately need to get in shape. I mean, I'm lugging this old jalopy of a body around when God's given me the time and money to turn it into a muscle car. 


Who am I kidding though? A half marathon is 13.1 miles. I've never even walked 13.1 miles that I can recall. Did I mention that I actually hate to run? I'd rather do the Fox Trot for 13.1 miles than run. If I end up doing this race, I might have to Fox Trot, Samba, or something to be able to even make it to the end. Not to mention it's in four months. That's like 120 days. I've heard of Couch to 5K, but Couch to Half Marathon?!? What am I thinking? 


If I do the race (which I'm heavily leaning toward), I will be running for a good cause: Free Wheelchair Mission



Run For Mobility from Free Wheelchair Mission on Vimeo.
 


I think watching that video actually made my mind up for me that I will be running. Because I can. For those who can't. I've always had a heart for the physically disabled, so now's the time to literally put my legs behind it and make a difference. 


My husband thinks I'm crazy to ask for donations in an economy like this, but I'm out to prove otherwise. Remember how I don't like to be told I can't do something? Be on the lookout for a link to my fundraising page once I officially sign up for the race. I can't do the run alone, but I can do it with Christ. 


In other news, I'm super stoked that my little guy is finally into being read to and reading books on his own. Being a bibliophile, I have been bothered that up until now, he wasn't that interested in books and wouldn't sit still long enough to get through one page. I recall wondering if he'd ever learn to love books and see the worlds he could explore through the flipping of the pages. The time has finally come! He loves to sit in my lap and hear stories, and it has become one of my most treasured activities to do with him. We just picked up a couple of new books on a recent jaunt to the grocery store of all places. Here's what we ended up with: 



A beautiful story about finding where you fit in. 


A wonderful book about thanking God for each day.

We read the two tonight, and my son enjoyed the first, while I enjoyed the latter. Seven dollars spent for treasured time together is not too bad. I'm looking forward to the world of books we've yet to discover! 

If you have any personal favorites you'd like to share, please do. I am always on the lookout!

Lastly, if you've been reading this blog for a while, you'll notice I updated the background. I grew tired of the drab colors of the former background. This new background is much more "me." It has pink, butterflies, and sparkles for crying out loud! Hope you like it as much as I do.  

God bless, 

Miss K





No comments:

Post a Comment