Friday, October 7, 2011

Five Minute Friday: On Ordinary

Here it is almost 10 p.m. PST and I nearly forgot about Five Minute Friday




Five Minute Friday this week is on ordinary. Eek. So many thoughts swim through my mind. 


OK, GO!


Ordinary. Yikes. That word gives me the heebie jeebies to be honest. It's probably what I'm most fearful of in life, just being ordinary. 


You see, I want to be meaningful, creative, visionary. Anything but ordinary. As a stay-at-home mom, there are times, more often than not, that the ONLY thing I feel is ordinary. I often feel like an automaton could come in and take my place and no one else would notice. I feel like what I'm doing is just ordinary, everyday stuff. Dishes, laundry, cooking, cleaning (who am I kidding? I really shouldn't even list this, that's how infrequently I clean my house).


But you know what? God is stretching me and growing me, and SLOWLY (very slowly) showing me that ordinary is an alright place to be. Because you know who God used? Ordinary people. Everyday people. He used the ordinary to do things that were extraordinary. 


I pray for that for my life. I want God to use this ordinary mom life I feel I'm living and make it burst with extraordinary for His glory. 


Want to hear the tough stuff? It takes me realizing that what I'm doing every day, the ins and outs of mothering and wifing, are anything but ordinary. I have the opportunity on a daily basis to extraordinarily touch the lives of the two people I hold most dear, my husband and my son. 


THAT is anything but ordinary. THAT is my calling. I need to answer the Lord's call with a resounding "Yes!"


STOP!


*I love how God smacks me upside the head at 10 p.m. on a Friday night. He really is SO good to care.*

No comments:

Post a Comment