Friday, January 14, 2011

Today, we celebrate ...

Poop. 

Yes, that's right. You didn't read it wrong. I said poop. My almost three-year-old did his first #2 on the potty today. All by himself. Then he ran to tell me about it. I haven't been so proud or felt so accomplished since I birthed the child! 

It's a relief for me, but it's also bittersweet. Seeing him run around in big boy underwear is just a sign that he's growing up all too quickly. Time is flying by, and it seems like the harder I pray for it to stand still, the more rapidly it moves. I'm reminded of a quote from Ferris Bueller's Day Off:

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

Isn't that so true? I don't want to miss any part of life. I want to savor every moment, the sweet and the sour. It all adds up to a work of beauty that I hope to look upon in my old age (hopefully very old age) and relish. 

Take a moment today to savor life. Dance like a fool in your living room to a great tune. Stop and smell some beautiful flowers outside. Smile at a stranger. Share God's love. We all need it. 

The Lord works in mysterious ways. If I can get all of this from a simple #2, you can find something today worth reveling in as well. 

Blessings,
Miss K






1 comment:

  1. Yay! Giddo! Will you come over and give Caleb a little pep talk?

    ReplyDelete