Thursday, September 2, 2010

In the blink of an eye

In a Blink of an eye that is when
I'll be closer to You than I've ever been
Time will fly, but until then
I'll embrace every moment I'm given
There's a reason I'm alive for a blink of an eye


Thank you, MercyMe, for these profound and oh-so-appropriate lyrics. 


This evening, while driving home from a great catch-up date with a dear friend, something crashed into my car. I realize this is odd wording, but this is precisely what happened. Something very large and heavy pretty much tore off the driver's side front of my car. I was petrified, but remained calm, as this is not the first time an object has hurled itself against my car and caused some serious damage. All I could say was, "Thank you, Jesus. Thank you, Jesus." Over and over again. I am SO lucky it was not worse, and I was not harmed. 


What a friend we have in Jesus. I am so thankful for my Lord's saving grace once again. This incident has reminded me of the brevity of life and that we truly are only here for the blink of an eye. 


So, tonight I'm going to kiss my baby boy several times before hitting the sack and hold my husband tighter than ever because I've been reminded that tomorrow's not promised. And I'll thank the Lord for another day in this beautiful life He's given me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment