Monday, August 16, 2010

Time to put up or shut up

I'm doing precisely what I didn't want to do with this blog, and it's irking the fire out of me. I'm blogging sporadically, feeling guilty that I don't when I've made a commitment to myself, feeling like I need to be "inspired" in order to blog sincerely, and not blogging for fear of guilt over not being more productive. We sure can war with ourselves well, can't we? 


This is a simple concept. I started this blog so I could write. Nothing more, nothing less. If people want to read it and find something useful or not useful but just funny and absurd about it, then fantastic. But I really did it for me, as an outlet. A stream of consciousness, if you will. Unfortunately, my silly little mind that likes to wrap things up in neat packages with bows feels the necessity to put parameters on it. On my creativity. Why? 


The definition of "creativity" is quite the opposite. "Creativity" is the ability to transcend traditional ideas, rules, patterns, relationships, or the like, and to create meaningful new ideas, forms, methods, interpretations, etc.; originality, progressiveness, or imagination. 


It has to be my Type A-ness at work. So, I'm going to quash that Type A part of me that needs this blog to be a neat little package that I can completely understand and quantify, and just let loose. 


What does this mean? Per the title of this post, I decided it was time to put up or shut up with this blog. I've now realized that it's not. I would like to be more consistent and feel I will be in the coming weeks, as I'm working on several organizational things in my life to make me a more balanced individual (much more to come on organization and such later). 


I'm going to write when the mood strikes me and attempt to post every two to three days. Did I mention I'm non-committal? That's why I won't blog daily. ;) It's a wonder I ever got married with my fear of commitment, but that's a whole other blog post (or three). 


I'm not going to let my overthinking anal retentiveness suppress my creativity any longer. I'm freeing myself up to have fun on this journey and maybe learn a few things along the way, too. I do hope you'll join me. :)


Now go throw off the shackles of something you feel that's burdening you and enjoy the freedom! 

No comments:

Post a Comment