Thursday, June 17, 2010

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills

Just a quick aside, as I do not intend on blogging while my child pulls at my leg, begging for attention. However, this is too funny not to post immediately.


I was just changing a diaper of the #2 variety, and I said to my son, "Open your legs so we can make dinner." 


Now, don't go running the other way and tune me out. I'm not some sort of weirdo. Let me explain. I was thinking about what to make for dinner as I was changing the diaper (please don't psychoanalyze me because I was thinking about food at a time like this). So, I needed him to open his legs so I could wipe and my inner monologue got infused with it. Thus, "Open your legs so we can make dinner." 


It's truly gross, but it got me thinking about all the things we moms say when we're trying to multitask in our heads and with our hands. 


Let's make this a sharing activity because I love to hear other people's stories. What have you said to your child (or anyone for that matter) that just absolutely came out wrong? 

1 comment:

  1. okay that just made me laugh out loud! I say plenty of dumb things but thanks to mommy brain can't remember a single one at the moment! bummer!

    ReplyDelete